Anonymous said: If you don't mind, I would like your opinion on this. There are a lot of SJWs on this site, many are in fact young, misinformed, or indoctrinated Americans. Some people are saying that SJWs are an only an "American thing" because Americans only care about themselves and their own country and know nothing about "the real world". There's one blog I've followed that progressively became anti-American and comments on our "dysfunctional country" as an outsider. 1/2
This is a growing trend that I’ve been noticing more often. “Why can’t America be like it’s better, Canada?” Or “why can’t America get with the times and be more like Sweden?” Or “why is America so racist/capitalist/American?” America and American seem to be becoming dirty words both by American SJWs and spectators from the outside that most of the time have either been here briefly or haven’t at all. They especially complain that Tumblr is “America centric”. 2/2
Have you ever heard the poet, Alexander Pope’s quote that reads, “A little bit of learning is a dangerous thing”? This is a great example of where it would apply.
SJWs are a very naive and ignorant crowd that base about 10% of their knowledge on some obscure source material and the other 90% on pure emotional rationale. They pluck some silly reference from a leftwing website about one of these countries like Sweden or Canada and then run with it to make their emotional argument. ”Canada has free healthcare…why can’t the US has free healthcare too? People are being turned away from healthcare because they’re poor here! Why don’t you care about poor people!?" None of this statement is true, but that doesn’t matter. They make a claim based on partial fact - Canadian health care is not free because it is funded through taxes; they follow it up with a total lie based on their claim - the poor are not turned away from hospitals in the US; and then they try to make an emotional appeal - you don’t like social medicine therefore you hate poor people. It’s generally the same formula they use on most social issues.
The only defense is attempting to correct them on the truth of the topic. However, SJWs hate to be educated. They rather live in a shallow pit of lies, then ever admit their emotional investment in a topic is based on an ill-conceived or misleading talking point they picked up on Facebook.